Coffee From an Old Coworker
I recently bought some beans from Maple Leaf Coffee Roasters
, where the roaster just happens to be an old coworker. Every time I buy beans from Alex, they're extremely fresh. The beans are extremely gassy, and let off a nice fragrance when bloomed. This time around, I purchased the Nicaraguan Finca El Pastoral
. And without further ado, here is the review.
- 22 grams of coffee, semi-finely ground
- 350g water, at ~212 degrees Fahrenheit
- Brewed in my aeropress, stirred 25 times (~7 seconds), pressed over a 20 second period
- While brewing, there is a nice, fruity smell wafting through the air.
- The tasting notes listed on the packaging are true to form, watermelon on the nose middling with a tart sweetness, and an almost buttery ending of white chocolate.
- I can feel the caffeine jolt from this light roast. Nice!